Do you love farm fresh eggs?
Do you dream of having chickens some day, but it just isn't in the plans right now?
Are you looking to connect your kids to nature?
Join our Adopt-a-Chicken Program!
Meet and Greet the Chickens:
- Come to the farm on May 6, between 9 and noon.
- Meet the chickens and select your favorite to adopt. Give her a special name. You'll receive an official Adoption Certificate with a photo of you and your adopted chicken.
How it works:
- You'll get a punch card worth 1.5 dozen eggs a month, June through October.
- Eggs can be picked in half dozen cartons.
- When you are ready for eggs, schedule your chicken visit during You-Pick hours by texting Christine.
- Once you arrive, you can visit with your chicken, feed her treats and check for eggs.
- During your visit you are welcome to pick a bouquet (additional cost), bring a picnic, and enjoy the grounds.
At the end of the season, in October, you can come say good-bye to your chicken and thank her for providing delicious eggs and a wonderful bond.
This is a wonderful weekly or bi-weekly activity for you and your children to do together - and bring the grandparents along, too! It's a fun way to connect with nature and teach them where their food comes from.
Space is limited to 5 sponsors.