Do you love farm fresh eggs?
Do you dream of having chickens some day, but it just isn't in the plans right now?
Are you looking for a way to connect with nature?
Join our Adopt-a-Chicken Farm Experience!
The experience includes:
- 1 season adoption of a chicken
- You choose the name of your chicken
- Adoption Certificate
- 1.5 dozen eggs a month (you can collect in the coop)
- Self-guided weekly or bi-weekly visit to interact with the chickens (you decide the frequency)
- Monthly fun fact chicken info and coloring sheets about chickens
Our Adopt-a-Chicken Farm Experience is designed to give you an opportunity to experience a bit of farm life, engage with your very own adopted chicken, and collect their beautiful and delicious eggs to take home and enjoy.
This experience is a self-guided, weekly or bi-weekly visit to our flower farm.
During your visits with your chicken, you may also pick a bouquet or kayak our pond (additional cost), bring a picnic and relax, enjoy an ice cream treat, or walk the woods.
Great for all ages! This is a fun and relaxing experience to do on your own, with kids, or with grandparents - bring anyone you'd like with you to see your chicken!
Meet and greet the chickens:
- Come to the farm on May 6, between 9 and noon.
- Meet all the chickens and select your favorite one to adopt. We have 5 breeds that are all beautiful in their own way. The photos are each breed in their chick form. They will look different as adult chickens in May.
- Give your chicken the perfect, cute chicken name.
- You'll receive an official Adoption Certificate in an email with a photo of you and your adopted chicken.
After your initial adoption:
- You'll receive a punch card worth 1.5 dozen eggs a month, June through October.
- When you are ready for eggs each month, schedule your chicken visit during You-Pick hours by emailing Christine. Christine@twobeesandabud.com.
- Once you arrive on the farm, you can visit with your chicken, feed her treats and get your eggs.
- Depending on availability, you could take home all 1.5 dozen eggs in one visit but the program is designed for 1.5 per month, not visit.
- We have selected chicken breeds that produce eggs that are either white, green or brown. All of the eggs have the same nutrition value and taste the same.
At the end of the season, in October, you can come say good-bye to your adopted chicken and thank her for providing delicious eggs and a wonderful farm experience.
Important to note:
- The punch card is valid June through October 2023 and is only valid for 1.5 dozen eggs per month. Any eggs not picked up each month will be forfeited.
- Pick-up/visit times are subject to our open availability and schedule. We will communicate what days and times are available.
- Chickens are subject to acts of predators and unexpected health issues that we cannot control. By signing up for this program, you are acknowledging that your chicken may be subject to unexpected illness or death, and that we cannot offer a refund on the experience if that happens but we do have other chickens you can adopt in it's place.
- By signing up, you are acknowledging that you understand that this is an adoption and that you do not get to keep the chicken at the end of the season.
- By signing up, you agree to allow Two Bees & A Bud to take photos of you with the chickens that may be used in promotional materials. Please let me know if you do not approve of your photo being taken at the time of registration.